New classes start every 1 to 2 weeks.
Students can enroll by coming into our office at 1333 Grand Avenue Building B (across from Grant High School), from 9 am to 3pm, or click here to complete our online enrollment form. You can also call for more information:
- English, Russian, Ukrainian, and Spanish: (916) 844-2283
Highlands Community Charter School is an adult-serving charter school, where we can provide free education to students who do not yet have a U.S. High School Diploma. We help adult students learn career skills while also working towards earning a full high school diploma. The following are some of the programs we offer:
- High School Completion
- Truck and Bus Driving with High School Completion*
- Laborers & Construction Pre-Apprenticeship with High School Completion*
- Entrepeneurship and Business with High School Completion*
- English Language Development for Immigrants (also known as ESL)
- Community Based Education for Immigrants (ESL and Academics for parents, at the same school campus their children go to)
- Spanish GED & Adult High School Combo (As part of a Community Based Education program)
* - Students who do not have enough credits to graduate, may qualify to earn a Certificate of Primary Education instead.
In the News
CBS13 covered a story featuring one of our students!